Voicing the Archive
An installation of readings from MAP's archive at Edinburgh Sculpture Workshop and Centre for Contemporary Arts, Glasgow
MAP guest editors Suzanne van der Lingen and Claire Walsh are pleased to present 'Voicing the Archive', a series of readings and recordings by past MAP contributors, presented as part of Footnoting the Archive, 2016.
The installation will be presented at Edinburgh Sculpture Workshop (4 April - 31 August 2016) and the Centre for Contemporary Arts, Glasgow (2 May - 31 November 2016). The display at CCA is designed by Osasto.
1. Mason Leaver-Yap. 'BS Johnson: Language to be looked at'. MAP #24, Winter 2010
2. Stephanie Mann. 'A conglomerate of voices rise up like hidden steam'. Presented as a footnote to Glasgow Sculpture Studios' exhibition, 'The transparent tortoiseshell and the un-ripe umbrella', Footnoting the Archive, Spring 2016
3. Kate Zambreno. 'Heroines' (extract), published by Semiotext(e) Active Agents, 2012. 'Sick Sick Sick': The Books of Ornery Women, Winter 2013
4. Virginia Hutchison. 'Object 8 : The Rock'. Presented as part of In the Shadow of the Hand with Sarah Forrest, Between Covers, MAP Winter 2013
5. Mick Peter. 'Texts About Tripping Over'. MAP #23, Autumn 2010
6. Joanna Peace. 'Lover of Rock', Manners, Spring 2015
7. Neil Cooper. 'Muscles of Joy – No-one’s Little Girls Shouting Out Loud'. Autumn 2012. Proceeds from this recording have been donated to Maggie’s Centres. maggiescentres.org